Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
freddie isn't a playoff performer and the canes are a regular season team

If he knew how to slam the door shut in the playoffs the way the best goalies do we'd have had another Cup. Maybe two.

I never trusted him like I did with Giguere. If we had a 2 goal lead with less than 15 mins, I knew it'd take something crazy for Jiggy to give that up, but with Andersen I would have wanted that number to be more like 3 mins left.

Yeah, I've been on this train of thought for a while. If the past drafts are any indication, we'd probably be able to pick a same guy with both of those pick options

After you get past the top tier of talent in most drafts there's a pretty big variance in team's draft rankings. In a draft like this one where the variance may start as early as 2, the difference between 24 and 30+ might be almost nothing. There's a reason teams don't usually trade up just a few spots down there in the late 1st, they often get the guy they like regardless, or they just don't love any one particular guy.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Well, that explains a lot. I didn’t realize it was such a chore for you to post a link to something you had already found. Sorry to have put you out by asking so much of you.
I am not sure what more you are wanting. I told you where to find it. I have a 20 acre farm and am sole caretaker of an adult special needs son. I have much better use for my time than trying to figure out how to post something easily found elsewhere on a message board to appease some arrogant, petulant fan.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
After you get past the top tier of talent in most drafts there's a pretty big variance in team's draft rankings. In a draft like this one where the variance may start as early as 2, the difference between 24 and 30+ might be almost nothing. There's a reason teams don't usually trade up just a few spots down there in the late 1st, they often get the guy they like regardless, or they just don't love any one particular guy.
A good point. However, I think the reason some might be hoping for 24th instead of 29th+ is because in theory anyway, the 24th pick would be more valuable if trying to move up to try and grab someone high on their list who might be available in the teens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad